Picking out gifts for friends can be a challenge. You know what their interests are (or at least you should), but maybe you feel like you always get them the same old thing. It’s easy to get stuck in a rut when picking out gifts, but a little bit of outside-the-box thinking can turn an OK gift into a great one. If you have friends who are running fanatics, odds are they would like something that is related to running. At the same time, however, you probably don’t want to buy them another running shirt like you do for every special occasion. Below are some fun and unique gift ideas for runners that you might not have thought of:
- Fun Runners Socks – Plain old socks are not very exciting, but when you jazz them up a bit, they can be fun! Many running apparel brands make unique and fun running socks with designs for everyone. They come with different animals, different colors and can even be holiday themed. Fun running socks are a great alternative to an ordinary pair of socks that will make a runner and their feet very happy.
- Running Necklaces – Necklaces with running charms are another fun gift for a runner. You can find everything from running shoes and mile markers to personalized running charms. You can even have them customized with your friend’s birthstone to make the necklace extra special.
- Car Decals – Mile marker car decals are a great gift idea for runners who have just completed a big race. For a friend who has just completed a half marathon or a marathon, a 13.1 or 26.2 car decal is a great way to let them show off their big accomplishment.
- Wine Glass Accessories – If your friend is an avid runner who also happens to love wine, running wine accessories are a fun gift. Try looking for wine markers that come in a running theme. That way, they’ll have little running shoes to mark their wine glasses with. How fun!
- Temporary Running Tattoos – Temporary running tattoos are a fun idea for anyone, but if your friend has been thinking about getting a real running tattoo, this is a great way to test out their idea. The other great thing about temporary running tattoos is that if they decide they don’t like the way it looks, it comes right off. Plus, you’ll have saved them a lot of trouble!
Friends are tricky to shop for, and it’s easy to buy them a similar gift year after year. These unique running gift ideas are a great way to mix things up. Helpful research also found here.